<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

quote of teh day

11.11.2006
comes from june: "So if I've got this right - humans can create a spacecraft that can get to Saturn and make a fairly detailed movie of it from TWO HUNDRED TEN THOUSAND FUCKING MILES AWAY, but humans also think that Aaron Boone is a better baseball player than Alex Rodriguez. DON'T GET ME WRONG: YES I REALIZE AARON BOONE DID AN INCREDIBLE THING IN A RILLY IMPORTANT MOMENT AND I'M VERY GRATEFUL FOR THAT. HOWEVER THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM* - oh forget it. why bother. You gotta figure the creatures on Saturn meanwhile are scratching their heads at us too."

*reminds me of a conversation i had with my brother as we watched the cardinals win the world series -- somehow alex rodriguez came up and i in all my inebriated glory said something snide to the effect of "i bet you're one of those scott brosius people," to which he replied "WHAT?!" and then i realized the stupid magnitude of what i had done and desperately exclaimed "NEVERMIND I AM NOT HAVING THIS CONVERSATION RIGHT NOW. OH LOOK! DAVID ECKSTEIN!" too late, other brother jumped all over it and of course they went on about clutcheriferousness grit heart rings and all those other things which make a ballplayer great. and i tried, i really did. i said that i remembered certain moments of brosius' career very fondly but the very idea that someone would take him over alex rodriguez was offensive to me, and i'm probably pretty sure they've disowned me. when i see him now he goes "so can we talk about how much you hate scott brosius now, scott brosius hater?"

Labels:

11:57 PM :: ::
5 Comments:
  • sigh

    By Blogger June, at 1:10 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • OH, forgot this: right after i made the initial ill-advised comment, this look of abject horror came across their faces and Middle Brother said "she's one of those STATS people" in a tone that i'd imagine he'd take if he found out i was, say, sleeping with the little girls in prussian blue. except he probably thinks this is worse.

    By Blogger lupe!, at 2:17 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • the little girls in prussian blue

    well this is a reference I never thought I'd see here.

    oh and i recall this conversation being mentioned before, and while it hasn't happened with my family many people i meet treat me the same way when i dare to bring up and sort of statistical fact that could besmirch their preconceived notions of True Yankees. Yes, one of those STATS people, as if it's a stigma.

    That's it, I'm going out to Michael's and buying some fabrics and making scarlet S's for you and june and myself

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 3:17 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • well this is a reference I never thought I'd see here.

    disgusting right

    By Blogger lupe!, at 4:03 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • disgusting right

    yes, defintely.

    unless of course they're a lot older now. *checks*.

    no. disgusting.

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 4:28 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink