2. happy halloween! i think this is the first time ever i'm not dressing up for my favorite holiday; i no longer have a job that requires it, and my neighborhood has slowly become trick-or-treater free. still have my snow white costume and my lydia deetz dress collecting dust though.. if i can find a download of witch's night out or mr boogedy somewhere maybe i'll get dressed up later for a not-very-scary film festival. :D
I have never seen either of those movies although considering Kristy Swanson is in one I'm suddenly interested :DBy Mr. Faded Glory, at 5:45 PM <$BlogItemControl$>
Every year my friend Chris does a Halloween film festival (from noon until about 2am - Blair Witch always at midnight) with random movies that nobody has ever heard of (he works for horrordvds.com, so what else would you expect?).
This year's fare were Creepshow, A Tale of Two Sisters (a subtitled Korean film that's a complete mindfuck, and Dagon, which is probably one of the worst of the Lovecraft adaptations I have ever seen.
Favorite horror flick: The Wicker Man. I love that movie, and not just for the rampant nudity (by women who are probably now in their 60's, ermface). I refuse to watch the sequel with Nick Cage that completely destroyed (and didn't even acknowledge) the two main themes of the original: religion and patriarchy.
Ok, enough of my rambling.
.. and wow, if that's what's goign on in Lakewood, maybe I should check out how my old homestead is holding up.By Mr. Faded Glory, at 5:49 PM <$BlogItemControl$>
you are SO snow white!!By June, at 9:56 PM <$BlogItemControl$>
1) on lakewood - it's a huge mess, and i've seen the state of things provoke unsettlingly intolerant responses in the most mild mannered people, and i'm not excluding myself, unfortunately. on the one hand i love being part of such a diverse place, but on the other, it's become increasingly apparent there are really two towns here, not one -- orthodox and everyone else. and basically the local government doesn't give a shit if you're not orthodox or elderly.By lupe_velez, at 3:28 PM <$BlogItemControl$>
2) witch's night out and mr boogedy are two brilliant cheesy old kids movies and if you can find them, send me a copy plz thx
3) i thought i was the only person who enjoyed blair witch. it genuinely freaked me out. the birds messed me up too.
4) on snow white - a nurse i used to work with was a big time disney fan and was dead set on convincing me to quit and move to florida so i could be snow white at disney world. i'm not even kidding.
My guess is also you were classy Snow White, and not the more common "slutty" version, because that my friend is how you roll.By Mr. Faded Glory, at 5:51 PM <$BlogItemControl$>
On diversity: diversity is great when it's actual diversity and not simply independent cultures who don't get along or interact.By Mr. Faded Glory, at 5:52 PM <$BlogItemControl$>
In other news I'm sure you would have enjoyed our Halloween festivities.
lupe! :: permalink