<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

cross the river to the jersey side

6.27.2006
- got dragged out with some well-meaning coworkers to a boardwalk bar for one of the most wretched experiences i've ever had, all bennies and half-dressed shore trash and drunk brides-to-be humping each other's malibu bay breeze/bud light stained legs to what sounded like a blink 182 cover band; standing there trying to look politely interested all i could think was it's everything about new jersey that i'd like to get away from.

- much as i love Rocking Out Bruce, i've always preferred the boss' american gothic and folky leanings. spent sunday night tramping around in the muddy swamps of the garden state pnc bank arts center seeing bruce springsteen and the seeger sessions band, and all i'm gonna say is that it was the closest thing i've had to a religious experience since the first time a boy put his face between my thighs. atlantic city and long black veil? oh yes!

quote of the show:
teenage daughter, gesturing toward wildly dancing mother: dad, can't you TAME her?
dad, shaking his head sadly: nope.
12:45 PM :: ::
5 Comments:
  • That Bruce hasn't penned a thoughtful anti-Bennie tune is very puzzling. I'd say get Jon Bon Jovi involved, but since he's the voice of NJ Tourism now I don't think he can be trusted.

    And was it Jenks or Tiki Bar? You poor, poor thing :(

    By Blogger Karen, at 7:40 AM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • maybe the chicken needs to write one for him!

    jenks. i should've known better but i didn't want to be rude.

    By Blogger lupe!, at 8:11 AM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • I've always liked Bruce's lesser known stuff better. The "Born in the USA" era stuff was too poppy for my tastes. It's somewhat embarrassing, but whenever I tell someone my favorite Springsteen album is Nebraska they usually look at me funny. I know I'm in the vast minority of one in this opinion. Quite frankly I just find him better when he's creating music and melody and a mood rather than giving Clarence Clemons some more concert solos.

    Well actually most people look at me funny when I say I like Springsteen at all. All anyone knows of him out west is that he's the guy "from the '80s" with the songs about "America."

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 4:21 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • the closest thing i've had to a religious experience since the first time a boy put his face between my thighs.

    HAHA! Nice!

    As far as Bruce goes, I like The Rising.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:01 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • HAHA! Nice!

    :D


    As far as Bruce goes, I like The Rising.

    what?! you're from nebraska and don't own nebraska? what's the matter with you, boy?

    By Blogger lupe!, at 7:14 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink