<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

YAYROD

11.14.2005
for once i'm happy my baseball hunches are almost always wrong:

Alex Rodriguez may not yet have any World Series rings to show for his remarkable career, but the Yankees' third baseman picked up his second American League Most Valuable Player Award on Monday.

Rodriguez beat out David Ortiz, Boston's larger-than-life designated hitter, who finished a close second in the voting. Rodriguez earned 16 first-place votes and 331 points, while Ortiz received 11 first-place votes and 307 points.

..."This is an A-Rod day in New York," said George Steinbrenner. "I am very proud of Alex Rodriguez, and I am delighted for him and his family. A-Rod demonstrates the talent, hard work, and dedication of a true winner. On behalf of our devoted New York Yankee fans, I look forward to great things for many years from A-Rod as a Yankee."


i like the little dig about the world series rings guys! nice one!

Labels: ,

5:15 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • I told you I had to believe in the sanity of the voters at large. I mean it shouldn't even have been close, but at least I don't have to go on a beating spree a la Jay and Silent Bob in the last 15 minutes of "Strike Back"

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 5:34 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • I was really expecting the BBWAA to fuck up again. Good choice, finally! Assclowns.

    By Blogger Duchess of Kinney, at 6:25 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink