<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

qotd

10.18.2005
"I love rooting against La Russa and have no idea why. Even read Buzz Bissinger's La Russa book just to be annoyed by him some more." - Bill Simmons

funny cause one of the first things i thought after the game was this quote on albert, which was the only thing about the book i thoroughly enjoyed:
"...there is the glimmer of desire, almost a kind of dreaminess, the eyes narrowing ever so slightly as he watches, a big cat who, when the time is right, will consume the mouse who needs a mound to stand tall."

Labels:

8:40 PM :: ::
4 Comments:
  • very funny column, if a little classically red-sox fan "woe is me" "i'm a better fan than fans of other teams because I root for a perennial loser" self-pitying bullshit for my taste.... I enjoyed "the Arizona fans were like the Mexican fans watching the Cardinals-Niners game two weeks ago. I'm not even sure those Arizona fans understood the basic baseball rules during [games 4-7 of the 2001 WS], so I'm not counting them." LOOOL

    By Blogger June, at 10:00 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • also, I would like to point out: the 2004 boston red sox may be the "defending champions", but do they really have the right to be called that considering they have no possibility of defending the title? just a question.... since I thought (after they got swept in the alds) I would no longer have to be told every 45 seconds that OH, BY THE WAY, IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD, THE RED SOX WON THE WORLD SERIES LAST YEAR.

    By Blogger June, at 10:02 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • i liked the dig at arizona fans too, but it just made me think "houton's an expansion team too, how tortured can their fans be? please!"

    i don't think the sox stuff even registers with me anymore.

    By Blogger lupe!, at 10:18 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • The crux of the whole article is that "weird things happen to you when you haven't won in a long time."

    White Sox - 1917
    Cardinals - 1982
    Astros - Never

    I'd say they all qualify as "a long time"

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 2:52 AM   <$BlogItemControl$>
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink