<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

10.26.2005
cute and all, but people really get paid to think of this stuff?

from the daily news:
Postcard to the Boss

If Orlando (El Duque) Hernandez had written a postcard to George Steinbrenner last night, it might have looked something like this:

Dear George:

Hello, my friend. I'm like you, sitting and watching the World Series, but I think I have a better seat!

I tell you, Boss, being here with the White Sox makes me think all the time about last year with the Yankees and how we just couldn't win that fourth game against Boston. It still makes me mad. I mean, I know I was only on two days' rest for Game 7, but don't you think I would have done a better job than old Kevin Brown?

Actually, maybe you shouldn't answer that. Contreras told me that you and Joe are finally getting along, so I don't want to stir anything up!

Adios,
Duque

Labels:

10:12 AM :: ::
5 Comments:
  • At least it's original. Most of the DN sports section lately has been directly ripped off from websites and forums.

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 1:16 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • but even that had the style of message board filler. cute, but lazy. maybe my standards are too high. this IS the paper that keeps food on lupica's table, he of the perpetual tone of a petulant blogger.

    HEY I DID A KIND OF BUT NOT REALLY ALLITERATION THING THERE SOMEBODY PAY ME. BECAUSE I CAN SPELL ALLITERATION. I CAN ALSO. DO. A MIKE LUPICA THING WITH. PUNCTUATION. OH YEAH 220 MIL PAYROLL!

    By Blogger lupe!, at 1:45 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • Ok that was SO obviously *not* a Lupica post, as it didn't mention David Ortiz in a discussion of the Yankees.

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 3:20 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • Oh and I have very low standards when it comes to NYDN. I just read it to make myself angry and get a feeling of superiority over italian migets.

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 3:21 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • hey smrtypants you forgot the part where i didn't senselessly bash arod

    i mostly read it hoping for the rare appearance by ms olson. that and yeah i like being angry.

    By Blogger lupe!, at 4:16 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink