<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

9.14.2005
The Yankees were smiling again, laughing and throwing around compliments as if they were dirty sweat socks. And when Derek Jeter and Alex Rodriguez intercepted Bernie Williams on his way to the visitors' side of the turf last night, that's when it became clear life as they know it had settled back into a familiar groove.

A-Rod reached for Bernie, to slap him on the back. Jeter mimicked Bernie's smooth glove, so quick for such a geezer. The fifth inning had just ended with aplomb, with Williams making a nimble, sliding stab to rob Jorge Cantu of what appeared to be a sure hit. As Williams sprinted off Tropicana Field, Jeter had to yell over the screams that were rippling from the dugout and up into the stands.

"I think he said something about me being his favorite player," said Williams as he walked into the humid Florida night, the Yankees' 17-3 spanking of the Devil Rays still very crisp. He grinned sheepishly and added, "I think he said I'm his favorite 37-year-old player." [lisa olson]

Labels:

5:13 PM :: ::
2 Comments:
  • Yeah, I read that this morning. I love Bernabe so much. I think he has always been overshadowed his whole career because he's so quiet. I hope he retires in style this offseason.

    By Blogger Mr. Faded Glory, at 5:46 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
  • Bernie will always be one of my favorite all-time Yankees. Very much overshadowed but also very much appreciated by Yankees who really do follow their beloved team.

    By Blogger Yankeebob, at 7:44 AM   <$BlogItemControl$>
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink