<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

my baby daddy du jour

8.23.2005
(though jaret wright might be giving him a run for his money)

Against high odds and all logic, Chacon, loser in 20 of his last 22 decisions in Colorado, exceeds every expectation, while Johnson, the soon-to-be 42-year-old Unit, fails to meet any. In the heat of a postseason survival race, Chacon pitches to an earned run average of 1.64, while Johnson weighs in at 4.34.

"I went through some tough times as the closer last year in Colorado, booed off the field some games, and that's at home, where I grew up, in front of family and friends," Chacon said. "I came over here, with a chance to be in a playoff race, something I've never been a part of, and I'm thinking, what have I got to lose?"

..."I was all power fastball, power curve," he said. Trying to make a living at Coors Field in Denver for a bad Rockies team didn't help much, but, he said, pitching in Yankee Stadium, with so much offense on his side, "I've realized I don't have to throw hard all the time."

"I need to throw my breaking ball for strikes, keep my team in the game," he said. "I'm not here to save the world." [ny times]

Labels:

7:58 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink