<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

word to your mother

2.22.2005
everyone ought to take a few minutes to read karen's cute interview with her mom on the upcoming season. an excerpt:

KB: And Hideki?
Mom: I have a feeling he’s going to be Most Valuable Player. Doesn’t he do first base?
KB: Left field.
Mom: OK. He’s a hustler, from what I’ve seen. They’re not prejudiced against him, are they?
KB: For being Japanese?
Mom: Well, you know how things are in a clique.
KB: As long as he hits and does his job, I think they’ll like him just fine.
Mom: Good. That's not nice to leave him out.



i love reading about moms and baseball. one of my favorite things about captain intangibles is that he's a big old momma's boy. you read all over the place about fathers and sons, but rare are murmurings about mothers and sons, mothers and daughters. i'm not whining - guys play the game, run the game, write about the game. what's a girl gonna do, at least til i have a team in my manicured clutches? anyway, for me, my father taught me how to play the game, but my mother taught me to love it.
8:49 AM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • Now that's the kind of thing my mom needs to see to change her mind about Derek! You can't be snooty and aloof if you love your momma!

    By Blogger Karen, at 6:13 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink