<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

oh andy

8.29.2004
"Skip, I'm sorry," Andy Pettitte was suddenly saying in his ear, and Torre frowned and smiled at the same time.

Pettitte was calling to tell his manager - the only major league manager he had ever known - that he was leaving the Yankees and returning home to Houston to sign with the Astros. He didn't want Torre to hear it from someone else or read about it in the papers. Later, Torre said it was one of the classiest things he had known a player to do. [ny daily news]


i'm ignoring the clemens blah blah blah.

1:51 PM :: ::
1 Comments:
  • wildly OT, but your headline reminded me of the following [from the episode in which he is trying not to have an affair with his new foxy co-worker Mindy]:

    Homer: [in the bathroom, singing] Oh Mindy, you came and you gave without flaking,
            But I sent you Ben Gay.
            Oh Andy, you kissed me and stopped me from something,
            And I -- [sees Lisa watching] Uh oh.
     Lisa : Dad, why are you singing?
     Homer's Brain: Tell a lie, tell a lie.
     Homer: Um, because I have a small role in a broadway musical.
            It's not much, but it's a start.
     Homer's Brain: Bravo.  [sarcastic clapping]

    By Blogger June, at 2:43 PM   <$BlogItemControl$>
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink