<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

8.27.2004
kruk, with all the stunted eloquence of a 7th grade boy, gives props to cap'n intangibles on page 2. lots of normal jeter blah blah blah and some trademark dopey opinions ( "I'd be the first to admit that Jeter isn't the best hitter. He isn't... the best base runner, either." thus insinuating inadequacy, and um, meanwhile... ) , but he snuck in a surprising thought: "I hope my son learns to love baseball in time to see Jeter play. If he does and he wants to play the game more, then I'm going to teach him to model his game after Derek, not after me."


happily (who am i kidding. it's bizarre), krukie and i share a mutual sploogefest over the ladies of US softball:

A big tip of the hat to the U.S. women's softball team.

Wow. That's how you dominate. Nine games, nine wins. They outscore their opponents 51-1, and the one run was a meaningless footnote in the gold-medal game.

They just laid down the gauntlet and said to the other teams, "If you think any of you has a chance, you're kidding yourself." It was like Larry Bird looking around the locker room before the three-point contest at the All Star Game.

"Hey, Larry. What are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for the poor son of a bitch that's coming in second."

The other day on the air, I mentioned this team and said there's no way I could ever hit their pitchers. I guess someone from the team heard that, because they sent me a warm-up jacket and some other stuff.

That was pretty great. Let me tell you, though -- if the men's hoops team sent me something, it would end up in the closet. But I'm wearing this stuff. I'm fine with my manhood.


and a big lawl at dr. hibbert, i mean, ken singleton, and joe girardi arguing semantics with michael kay tonight. :D
11:10 PM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink