<$BlogRSDUrl$>
soft hands.

the derek jeter fan club

8.31.2004
all season i thought i've been seeing an on-field mutual admiration society develop between these two workaholics.

"I just have always believed I could have done something better," he said. "I can think back to a lot of occasions when I didn't do the job. I look at situations where I could have worked the count better or been more patient and helped us win a ballgame. I always feel like that if you're supposed to be all that people build you up to be, then you're supposed to make your teammates better."

When asked why he refuses to sit, Sheffield simply shrugged and said, "Warriors breed warriors." He then gestured to one of his teammates dressing nearby.

"Just watch Jeter," he said. "Watch him and how can you miss a game?" [newark star ledger]



there's a mean-spirited joke in there about breeding, warriors, and the pitching staff but i'm too tired to connect the dots.
7:06 AM :: ::
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home

lupe! :: permalink